19 March 2013

My name-day

Having received the middle name of Joseph, today I join Catholic men across the globe - including His Holiness Benedict XVI - in celebrating my name-day (there is no Saint Daren, or - so far as I can tell - its equivalent).


Over at Vultus Christi, Father Mark shared several prayers to Saint Joseph, one of which I particularly like for today's solemnity:
Saint Joseph,I take you this day as my advocate and defender,my counselor and my friend.Open your heart to meas you opened your home to the Virgin Motherin her hour of need.Protect my holy priesthoodas you protected the life of the Infant Christthreatened by cruel Herod.In darkness bring me light;in weakness, strength,and in fear the peace that passes understanding.For the sake of the tender love that bound youto the Virgin Mary and the Infant Christ,be for me, Saint Joseph, a constant intercessorand a shield against every danger of body, mind, and soulso that, in spite of my weaknesses and sins,my priesthood may bring glory to Christand serve to increase the beauty of holinessin his bride the Church.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment