29 December 2012

Baby Jesus likes a hymn

Blessed Pope John Paul II used to say, "There are no coincidences, only Providence."

Our annual Christmas gathering with our seminarians and priests began Thursday afternoon and concluded yesterday morning.  As always, it was an enjoyable time and marked with divine grace.

Just before Vespers on Thursday evening, I suggested to the Bishop that we sing Of the Father's Love Begotten for the hymn.  He was unfamiliar with it and asked if I could begin it, which I was glad to be able to do.

As he and I made our to the doors of the chapel, the Director of the Office for Vocations made a brief welcome and began to announce what song we would sing for the hymn. Not having spoken with him about prior to this point (and hadn't spoken with the Bishop about it, either), you can imagine my surprise when he announced that we would sing Of the Father's Love Begotten.

Because the Christ-Child seems to enjoy the hymn so much, I offer it to you today for your enjoyment:


1 comment:

  1. learned this one this year for the Festival of Lessons and Carols. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete