12 March 2012

One hour gone!

I don't know about you, but for me the day after the time change is always the most difficult one to which I must adjust.  This morning I saw this poster on a friend's Facebook wall that sums up my morning fairly well:

In case you don't know the reference, it comes from the cult classic movie, The Princess Bride.
If you haven't yet seen it, shame on you.

Personally, I prefer Daylight Savings Time to whatever the previous time is called (Standard Time, is it?); I enjoy the extra daylight in the evening and really see no point at all in ever changing the clock in the Fall.  Who really likes darkness at 4:00 p.m. in the Winter months? 

Even so, the name of this new time setting is, frankly, baffling.  As a different friend said yesterday on Facebook: "only the government could steal something from you and call it 'savings.'"

There are many supposed reasons behind the changing of our clocks, none of which have ever made a great deal of sense to me.  As it turns out, most of the reasons are mostly a scam (this article offers a bit more information).

No comments:

Post a Comment