As seen on a friend's Facebook profile:
- In the Alton Deanery, at St. Boniface Church in Edwardsville;
- In the Decatur Deanery, at Our Lady of the Holy Spirit in Mt. Zion;
- In the Effingham Deanery, at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Teutopolis;
- In the Jacksonville Deanery, at Our Saviour Church in Jacksonville;
- In the Litchfield Deanery, at St. Agnes Church in Hillsboro;
- In the Quincy Deanery, at Blessed Sacrament Church in Quincy.
Patricia Kornfeld, victim assistance coordinator for the Springfield diocese, said that the prayer service is meant to reach out in a special and individual way to anyone abused by a cleric within the Springfield diocese and also to anyone who may have been hurt in other ways by someone in the church.
"We also invite others who may wish to join in this prayer for those harmed in the church," Kornfeld said. "We encourage those harmed in the church to come and find rest, pray together united with others who have also experienced harm in the church, pray for those who could not speak for themselves or pray for those that are absent from our gathering. At this solemn service, we will pray for repentance for sins committed, ask for support for those harmed, seek understanding of the harm caused, and ask for God's forgiveness, healing grace and peace."
Kornfeld said no reservations are necessary and family members are welcome.