20 July 2011

Directionally challenged

Those who know me well can testify that I am directionally challenged.  By that, I mean that routinely say, for example, "Turn right" while pointing to the left.  And vice versa.

I do not know why I do this but I have done it as long as I can remember.  It isn't that I don't know my right from left; somewhere along the way, in my excitement to give people the correct directions I point one way and say the other.

Incidentally, if you're ever around me when I do this, always go where I point, not where I say.

It seems that my handy GPS device for my car has now developed the same challenge, at least here on Oahu.  Several times now the map has shown me to go, for example, to the left while the kind computer lady, with her British accent, tells me to go right.

I've gone where the map indicates and have arrived at my intended destinations.  I hope when we get back to the mainland she becomes better with directions than me, as she has been in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment