03 June 2010

A new assignment

Yesterday afternoon the Reverend Monsignor Carl A. Kemme, Diocesan Administrator, asked me to take on a new assignment, which I accepted.

Effective July 1, 2010, I am to be Pastor of Holy Cross Parish in Auburn, Illinois, while remaining Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Virden and of St. Patrick Parish in Girard.

This additional assignment will also mean that I will be moving to Auburn.

My cell phone and e-mail will remain the same as they are now; if you would like the postal address, just let me know.

Please keep me in your prayers. There is much to be done in the next few weeks, not the least of which will be a new Mass schedule for the three parishes and four churches.

6 comments:

  1. "Effective July 1, 2010, I am to be Pastor of Holy Cross Parish in Auburn, Illinois, while remaining Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Virden and of St. Patrick Parish in Girard."

    May the Lord bless you with more hours in the day! I'll pray for you and your parishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered cloning? God bless you in your additional assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can do it Daren, I think it's you. You're just what Auburn needs in a Pastor. Maybe you need to combine Auburn and Virden and be the Pastor of Holy Heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fr. D, I'm glad that the many talents that God has given you are recognized by the hierarchy. With great talents and gifts come greater responsibility. May God who called and gave you those gifts sustain you in your service =)

    Though I would not wish it on my worst enemies, in the fullness of time, I glimpse a pointy hat on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, let's hope your vision is hazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father, I don't envy you your extra responsibilities (nor your having to relocate), but all good wishes to you as you transition into your added parish and your new home!

    ReplyDelete