25 May 2010

A tasty treat

Last evening I made a batch of meatballs. A Catholic Mom in Hawaii noticed this on Facebook and asked for my recipe.

It comes from Art Gingsing's book, Mr. Food Cooks Pasta and is called "My own Italian meatballs." They are very easy to make and quite tasty.

The ingredients include (for 12 golf ball size meatballs):
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper (I alway use 1 1/2, sometimes a bit more)
  • 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Mix everything together, form the mixture into meatballs and bake them at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

(Last night I wasn't paying attention and grabbed a wedge of Romano cheese. That work well in the meatballs, but not quite as well as Parmesan does.)

The cheese helps to form a bit of a crunchy layer on the outside while the meatballs remain soft on the inside. I've found them to be good in a pasta, on a meatball sandwhich and even as a simply and easy snack throughout the day.

They've always been a hit whenever I've made them; give them a try yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Father, this seems like a recipe I will have to try. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete