12 March 2010

Small parishes in a big world

Much of my day yesterday was spent working on content for revamped web site of Sacred Heart Parish. Since the parish already had a quiet presence on the web, it seemed a good idea to tackle this site before completing the site for St. Patrick Parish.

The design of the site is complete, with a few minor tweaks to be done here and there and what remains to be done is completing the remaining content for the various pages.
The two sites will be similar in design, though with their own nuances appropriate to each parish. Once the first web site is finished, the second shouldn't take long at all to get up and running.

Slowly, the work is being done and it is my hope that the new parish sites will be unveiled around Easter, though that will largely depend on how busy things become between now and then.

As a little teaser for you, here is a screen shot from the main page:

What do you think?

The site is being developed by the Diocesan web master and is funded thanks to the generous donations to the Annual Catholic Services Appeal.

3 comments:

  1. Looks nice, Father! Good color scheme (i.e., not overwhelming, yet welcoming), nice pic of you, and the Facebook link says this parish is alive and well in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Father. Clean and crisp and as Steve said, with the Facebook link it shows the parish has a clue about the modern world. :) It's said the great majority of Millenials look at a church web site before deciding to attend, so I'm glad to see you making this update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. STEVE: Thank you! The web master chose the color scheme and I think it compliments our windows nicely.

    PETER: Thanks! I'm a bit older than the Millenials, but I, too, often check a place's web site prior to visiting; if I don't like what I see on the web, I often decide not to go.

    ReplyDelete