30 March 2010

A question from a reader

Reader Melody wrote in with the following question:

I love to give our parish priests gifts for holidays and holy days the same way I would give tokens of affections to all members of my family. They are my spiritual fathers and also brothers in Christ so we never forget them. The difficulty is knowing what to get for a priest one does not know well or one who has very few known needs or hobbies/known interests. Spiritual bouquets and Masses are always given but I'm looking for ideas to be given along with the spiritual gifts. Christmas and Easter (for example) are great times to do a little extra pampering. What can priests use on a regular basis that they must purchase themselves? We've given books but acknowledge we may be duplicating or giving something of no interest. Gift certificates? Stationary? Subscriptions? Can you help us out?

Certainly; I'm happy to help.

A couple of years ago I put such a list together around Christmas time and I've updated it a bit since then. Although the list was originally intended for Christmas, I think it would work for most any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment