08 March 2010

A prayer request

Today is my Grandmother's 90th birthday, and I have not put her card in the mail. When I found a card for her last week I also bought her a box of chocolates (what else do you get a 90 year old woman who has everything she needs or wants?) and decided at the time that I would make a special visit to deliver the gifts (it isn't everyday one turns 90).

At present, the drive to Quincy and back seems rather out of the question, the weather being what it is and my hips and knees being in the state they are in.

In the charity of your prayers, would you kindly ask the Lord to either make the weather break or to strengthen my old joints? I really would rather not have to call my Grandmother, wish her a happy 90th birthday, and explain why her gifts will arrive tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Prayers, here, Father.
    What a great day...your Grandma's 90th birthday. God bless her always.
    I understand about the arthritis thing. It's a real Cross; you are at the whims of the weather, stress, exhaustion. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Father; my prayers are with you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! It is something special, alright, to be blessed with such a long life and have a wonderful grandson to boot! I pray she has many more years and that you make it through this struggle. May God grant you both a reprieve in the weather as well as your joints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May His strength, be your strength, for the journey. Amen.

    ReplyDelete