06 March 2010

How Catholics have more fun

This morning I set my Facebook status to say I was "homilizing," meaning I was working on my homily (which is still in progress).

My friends had a bit of a field day with it and quickly brought it to a good level of hilarity.

One friend asked, "Does that mean when you're done you're parishioners should feel homiliated?"

"Of course not," replied I. "They would be homilized. It's something, I think, like being carmelized."

At this, another friend asked, "Carmelized? By nuns or by sugar or both?"

That's simply awesome!

It's a sunny Saturday (here, at least); go out and have a good laugh or two.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could "like" this like one could on facebook! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Love it....we really need a "like it" button!!!

    I have to say after the homily I heard last night, I differently feel homilized, though I am not sure whether it was by nuns or sugar....although I have to say I vote nuns. :)

    ReplyDelete