31 January 2010

Today on EWTN

Two friends sent me notices of these two programs to air this afternoon on EWTN that I would otherwise have missed:

Mass in Honor of the Canonization of Saint Damien of Molokai - LIVE (90 min)
From the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. The Most Reverend Pietro Sambi, Apostolic Nuncio to the United States of America, Celebrant and Reverend William Petrie, ss.cc. Homilist

Sun 1/31/2010 2:00 PM ET / 11 AM PT

An Uncommon Kindness, the Father Damien Story (1hr)
Documentary about the life and mission of the famous “leper priest.” on the island of Molokai, Hawaii Later on in his ministry he contracted and died of the also known Hansen's Disease. Father Damien is also known as a "martyr of charity". Canonized on October 11th 2009 by Benedict XVI

Sun 1/31/2010 5:00 PM ET / 2 PM PT
Thanks for sending in the tips! I think I will use my DVR for the first time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment