07 October 2009

Romeward bound. Sort of.

One of these days I am going to stop embarking on pilgrimages and simply start taking vacations, just to make life easier.

One of the requirements for a pilgrimage is a bit of difficulty, so as to share in some way, however small, in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We arrived this afternoon about 1:45 p.m. at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport for our 3:40 p.m. flight to Rome. Now are waiting a six-hour "technical" delay. The plane we will take to Rome apparently left Rome for Chicago six hours behind schedule.

We are witing in O'Hare's terminal 5, which has almost no shopping and precious little food.

I am currently typing from a chair by a west-facing window, and since the sun is now going down shining directly in my eyes I think I will go for a walk. And a pizza.

All of this might seem frustrating, but in comparison to Father Damien's pilgrimage to Hawaii, this is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment