15 October 2009

Good cholesterol, bad cholesterol

I arrived safely back in Virden about 8:00 p.m. last night and was asleep, I think, before 10:00 p.m. I was wide awake at 3:30 a.m. and have been up ever since (we'll see how long I make it tonight, but right now I'm feeling pretty good).

It's remarkable how much work can be done when no one else is awake; I've managed to catch up on the work that was waiting for me already. Phone calls have been made (though not until a reasonable hour); calendar's have been consulted; and many e-mails returned (there are still a few more to do and that will come tomorrow, I think). It's good to be pastor of a small parish, even two of them; the work load is lighter.

I was even able to tidy up the kitchen, which is looking good, though not quite finished yet. I'll probably post a picture or two of it later tonight, as well as a few additional thoughts on my pilgrimage.

One of my doctor's nurses (my general doctor in Effingham, not my rheumatologist in St. Louis) just called to report on some blood work I had done just before I left for Rome.

She said my cholesterol is "excellent," both the good and the bad, and that I should "keep doing" whatever it is I'm doing, which isn't anything at all save only eating the foods I like. I've been thinking about have a hamburger for dinner today, which now I just may do. It's either that of a nice bowl of chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment