12 July 2009

A enjoyable evening

This evening, as part of our summer concert series, the parish hosted the local quintet St. John's Brass for a concert in the church.

The music was excellent and those who attended very much enjoyed it.

I happily sat in the last pew under the choir loft and began working on one of my three talks that I will give this weekend in Quincy. I will be the Spiritual Director for Great River Teens Encounter Christ 260. Three boys from the parish will be on the retreat. Please keep me - and the rest of the team - in your prayers as I write the talks, and the boys - and other candidates - as well, in these days before the weekend that their hearts and minds will be open.

This will be a busy writing week as I work on those three talks, Sunday's homily and the homily for the following Sunday. After the TEC retreat I will drive to Omaha for the installation of Archbishop Lucas and I find it highly unlikely that I'll have a chance that week to work on a homily.

After the concert this I evening, I caught a glimpse of the sky as I headed out on a walk.

While on my walk, I went to a local ice cream stand for an ice cream cone. I haven't eaten ice cream in a cone in a while and that sounded good tonight, though I didn't expect my ice cream to look at me:

I explored the neighborhood behind the ice cream stand as I ate the cone. It's a nice, quiet neighborhood and one that might see more of me in the coming days as I keep taking my daily walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment