20 May 2009

Why do I blog?

Becuase the Holy Father wants me too.

At the conclusion of his General Audience this morning, Pope Benedict XVI commented on the upcoming World Communications Day:
This coming Sunday, the Church celebrates World Communications Day. In my
message this year, I am inviting all those who make use of the new technologies
of communication, especially the young, to utilize them in a positive way and to
realize the great potential of these means to build up bonds of friendship and
solidarity that can contribute to a better world.

The new technologies have brought about fundamental shifts in the ways in
which news and information are disseminated and in how people communicate and
relate to each other. I wish to encourage all those who access cyberspace to be
careful to maintain and promote a culture of respect, dialogue and authentic
friendship where the values of truth, harmony and understanding can
flourish.

Young people in particular, I appeal to you: bear witness to your faith
through the digital world! Employ these new technologies to make the Gospel
known, so that the Good News of God’s infinite love for all people, will resound
in new ways across our increasingly technological world!

I hope I'm living up to his expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment