12 May 2009

A full day

Today is going to be a full day, spent mostly on the road.

I've just returned to the rectory after celebrating the Mass in honor Saints Nereus and Archileus and, after tidying up my suite a bit, I'll be heading to the high school for a game of dodgeball.

Immediately after the game I will hop in my car and drive to Quincy - a drive that takes anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 hours - to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Fr. Roy Bauer. He has graciously invited the priests of the Diocese to join him for lunch at The Pier, one of my favorite Quincy restaurants. If I remember correctly, twenty-five priests or more to plan join in the festivities.

After the luncheon I will try to visit my grandmother (who is 87), who is in the hospital again. Apparently part of her heart is not getting enough blood. The doctors will perform a heart cath sometime this afternoon. If it can be corrected with a stent, Grandma is fine with that, but she does not want open heart surgery (and I don't blame her one bit). I do not know if I will be able to see her or not; unfortunately, I cannot stay long in Quincy today. Please keep her in your prayers and ask the Lord to arrange a way for me to see her, if only for a couple of minutes.

After visiting with her (hopefully), I will return to Effingham.

The weather, at present, looks promising for a beautiful drive across the otherwise boring plains of central Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment