02 May 2009

Answered prayers

Here in Effingham, we did not see much of the sun - if anything - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. It was rainy and windy and cool and damp.

Yesterday morning when I awoke the week's weather took a great toll on my body, leaving me feeling tired and weak with precious little energy. Naturally, it was First Friday, a day when energy is needed. I made my usual rounds, trying to be as cheerful as possible.

When I arrived at what I affectionately call the St. Anthony of Padua Retirement Monastery - an assisted living facility in our parish bounds where a dozen or more Catholics gather each morning to pray the Divine Chaplet and to intercede for each other and all who call upon them - I asked them to pray that the weather would change and the sun would emerge once again.

The forecast at the time called for more clouds, more rain, and more cool temperatures Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

They must have prayed fervently for me and for them. The sun is now shining brightly and the skies are blue! I feel rested and well. God be praised, who listens attentively to the humble cry of his children!

No comments:

Post a Comment