20 April 2009

Prayers for Vocations

A Prayer for Parents

Loving God,

You have given us the privilege, as well as the responsibility, of being loving parents. In the name of Jesus, we ask you to guide us as we invite our children to hear your call to service and leadership in our Church as a priest, brother or sister.

May our children respond with deep faith and generosity to the needs of God’s people.

Help us to be a source of encouragement to our children by our own desire to be committed people who serve with love and enthusiasm.

Amen.

A Prayer to Follow My Vocation

My Lord and My God,

You have created me out of love to know you, love you, and serve you in a way no one else can do. Your plans for me are far greater than any I might dare to dream for myself.

Lord, grant that I might be open to your grace to know the next good step in your plan for my life. Give me the courage and the generosity to say, “Yes!”

Show me your will for me, O Lord, and help me to say with Mary, “I am the servant of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word!”

Amen.

A Prayer for Vocations

Lord Jesus,

Fill the hearts and minds of your young people with the power of the Holy Spirit, so that with courage and generosity they might answer your call to serve the church in the priesthood and religious life.

Give parents the faith, love, and spirit of sacrifice which will inspire them to rejoice when a child of theirs is called to a church vocation.

May the intercession the blessed Mother and St. Joseph, your Holy Family, help us to pray: “Let not my will, but yours be done.”

Amen.

The second two prayers were written by Bishop George J. Lucas. The first prayer might have also been written by His Excellency; I cannot recall where I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment