03 April 2009

A good way to start the day

Every morning - generally before the sun rises and before my shower - I hop online to see if anything happened during the course of my sleeping of which I should be aware (typically, the answer is no). One of my Internet stops is Facebook.

This morning I received a notice that one of our high schoolers - whom I convinced last night to sing in the choir for Confirmation about an hour and a half before the Mass - tagged me a in a note (really, I gave him a guilt trip, asking if it was better to worship God or study geometry; clever, eh?).

It was a random note in which he was to select the last twenty people to have commented on his wall and answer questions about them in a such a way that the questions, too, were random. I was the twentieth person.

The first question he was to answer about me asked, "What is the best thing about 20?" His answer: "That he talks to us highschoolers and how he knows tons of facts." That was a great lift to the day!

I'm awake earlier than I wanted to be and I'm debating with myself about when I should head to Quincy this morning for the inaguaration of Dr. Robert Gervasi as President of Quincy University.

I would like to attend the symposium which will be held before the luncheon, but I'm not sure I really want to start driving in about twenty minutes. I may hang around here until about 8:00 before leaving and arrive in time for the luncheon. We'll see what happens.

At any rate, because I'll be on the road blogging will be extremely light - if existant - today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment