26 March 2009

An enjoyable day

Thirty-one years ago this morning - at 10:12 a.m., to be precise - your humble blogger was born into this world in the midst of a great ice storm on Easter Sunday. On this same day I was baptized and confirmed, by a Franciscan priest who taught history at Quincy University.

There have been several inquiries into the circumstances of my birth and I will address them later. I thought I did a post on them somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

At any rate, it's been a good so far and promises to continue as such.

After Mass this morning I joined the early bird P.E. class - the same one in which I pulled a muscle in my back, which, I'm happy to say, seems to be mending nicely - for breakfast.

I spent some time goofing around in the high school and returned to my office to tidy up my desk a bit, and then I went and laid down for a bit.

At Noon I celebrated Mass for our senior girls who will leave tomorrow morning for their Kairos retreat.

After Mass, I spent some time with the eighth-graders who are visiting the high school for their Bulldog Preview Day.

I'm back in my office now for a bit tidying up a few more things while trying to fight off a cold.

At 3:00 I will go back to the high school for track practice, which usually simply involves me goofing around and poking fun at exhausted runners. It's always a good time. Today, though, I think I will resume a bit of weight lifting. I haven't lifted since I pulled that muscle in my back and, though I don't lift a lot of weight, I can tell the difference.

After track practice one of the high school students who is looking for a bit of spending money is going to help me file various articles that I've collected over the past few years. Whenever I find an article in a newspaper or journal I keep it to use in future classes. Since I've come to the parish I really haven't spent much time sorting through them and have a stack nearly two feet high to file. Having someone to help with it will add incentive to get it done. This will be the first of several filing sessions.

At 7:00 I will go out to dinner with two families from the parish to celebrate a common birthday.

I've received a number of enjoyable cards and in the next few days I may share a few of them with you.

Until then, I received the following via e-mail from some good friends in Quincy:
Hippo birdies two ewes!
Hippo birdies two ewes!
Hippo birdies, dear [Fr.] Daren,
Hippo birdies two ewes!

No comments:

Post a Comment