05 February 2009

Hurt and Anger

I've known for some weeks now that there are rumors circulating around Effingham that I am being transferred to another parish this coming July. That's news to me, and I daresay I would know of my being transferred before the average parishioner.

A parishioner mentioned to me this morning that she heard the news and was saddened by it. Her lady friends were also saddened by the news, and moved to tears. This is what angers me. I've said before that no sin will lead us faster to hell than gossip.

Whoever is spreading this rumor is hurting people very deeply and I must insist and demand that this rumor end now.

So far as I know from my conversations with His Excellency I am not being transferred this summer, unless a priest unexpectedly dies - may God forbid it - or retires unexpectedly.

When the day comes when I will be transferred - whenever it will be - I will make it known; someone else will not make it known on my behalf. Until you hear something from me directly, disregard and ignore rumors about my future. They are simply lies.

And pray for those who spread these rumors and pray that I not find out who started the rumor, else they receive a severe verbal lashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment