13 January 2009

Durbin on FOCA

Just a moment ago I spoke with a representative in Senator Richard J. Durbin's office in Washington, D.C. I called to request how Senator Durbin intended to vote on the so-called Freedom of Choice Act.

The lady I spoke with was kind enough, but entirely unable to help me. She seemingly had not heard of the bill and suggested I look on Senator Durbin's web site. I did, I told her, and strangely found nothing. A search for "abortion" turned up virtually nothing.

All she could suggest was that I keep checking his web site. That I shall certainly do, and I shall also send the Senator from Illinois a personal letter urging him to oppose the legislation.

My fellow Illinoisans, won't you please join me in contacting Senator Durbin's office requesting his stance on the Freedom of Choice Act? You can call his office in Washington at (202) 224-2152 or his office in Springfield at (217) 492-4062. I have called both offices; the Springfield office simply said that the office in Washington handles all legislative issues.

Please, act soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment