16 December 2008

Here we go again

My Pastor was hospitalized again yesterday afternoon, for a different set of circumstances than before. Please keep him in your prayers for a swift and full recovery in time for Christmas. We'll know more about his condition - and how it might impact next week - in the morning.

Our retired priest is again generously assisting me in meeting the sacramental needs of the parish. Please keep him in your prayers, as well.

The positive side to this is that this week is a relatively quiet one, the calm before the storm of Christmas, as it were.

When I spoke with Bishop Lucas last evening he asked me how I was doing. I didn't have much of an answer for him then, and I don't have a better one now; frankly, I'm not sure how I'm doing. I haven't had much time to think about it. (I could have done so yesterday but opted instead for a day of doing absolutely nothing, the first in some sixteen days; it felt good, and I'm glad I wasted it.)

The high school kids often ask me how I can get up at 5:00 a.m. day after day (only six in a row) for the 6:30 a.m. Mass, and keep functioning reasonably well through, say, 8:00 p.m. My only explanation is that I get up when the alarm goes off, hop in the shower, and don't sit down for long until the day is well under way. If I sit down too early (or too late) it's all over, but if I keep moving my energy stays decently well.

It's been much the same these past two weeks and will be now, presumably, the rest of this week. I try to think only of one day at a time (though it's hard now not to think about Christmas) and I just keep marching forward.

May the Lord give me the grace to keep doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment