09 October 2008

An unexpected letter

This morning I received a letter from His Eminence Sean Cardinal O'Malley, OFM Cap., Archbishop of Boston and Chairman of the Secretariat of Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
At the World Youth Day 2008 in Sydney, the USCCB had a booth at the Vocation Expo that asked the youth to write a little something about their favorite priest. Apparently one of my pilgrims chose to write about me.
Those His Eminence did not reveal the name of the pilgrim, he did provide the words that were written:
He is a great practical person that has inspired me in his homilies to become a better person. Also any time I have a question about my faith he is never too busy to answer it. On this terrific pilgrimage I have gotten to know him on a more personal level that has led me and him to be closer friends.
I was very surprised this morning to read this letter and very humbled. To which ever one of my fellow pilgrims left these words, Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment