08 October 2008

A good day

Today was a very enjoyable day, and a busy one.


I was supposed to have gone to the high school this morning to celebrate Mass at 7:00 a.m. for the kids who want to go to Mass but don't quite want to get up for the 6:30 a.m. Mass. Frankly, I can't blame them. Today was to have been the first day for this new arrangement. I have a agreed to celebrate Mass in the chapel at the high school twice each week when I have the 8:30 a.m. Mass; there wouldn't be time for me to get to the high school after the 6:30 Mass and finish another Mass in time for the students to get to their early bird class at 7:40. Well, there might be, but it'd be pushing it.

You might notice that I said "was to have been." When I awoke this morning it seemed rather light out for six o'clock in the morning. It turns out it was actually 7:23 a.m. I apparently left my cell phone - which I use for my alarm clock - downstairs on the couch. Oops.

I quickly realized I needed to get moving. Fast. We have a Franciscan priest who teaches four religion classes at our high school who is out for health reasons for the next week or two. I am teaching his classes in his absence, the first of which begins at 7:40. I made it, with a minute to spare.

The junior classes finished watching a movie today and tomorrow I'll begin teaching them about Clovis, King of the Franks, and the conversion of the barbarians to Christianity. The sophomores will hopefully finish watching Fiddler on the Roof tomorrow. When they do we'll begin looking at the infancy narratives in Matthew and Luke. I'm very much looking forward to teaching these classes at least through the end of next week.
The Blessing of Pets was held shortly after school and from there I went to soccer practice. This evening the Pastoral Council met after which I had my picture taken for the forthcoming parish directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment