22 September 2008

Bible study resumes

This evening I went to our mission parish to resume my Bible studies that are quite popular there. I was hoping to wait until after the harvest, but the farmers aren't quite sure when that will be; some of them may be out already, and others might not be out for a while. Tonight we had 20-25 people present (out of 250).


This being the Year of Saint Paul I knew that I wanted to focus on Saint Paul for a bit. I wasn't quite sure, though, how I wanted to go about it, until I found a book by Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J.: Saint Paul: A Bible Study for Catholics.
In this book written for this Jubilee Year, Fr. Pacwa examines Saint Paul's teachings on the Sacraments, with the exception of the Anointing of the Sacrament (the Apostle doesn't have much to say about it).

After a quick perusal of the book I decided it would be perfect to help prepare six Bible studies going through Saint Paul's teaching on the Sacraments. This would serve the double purpuse of focusing on the Apostle during his year and of reflecting more on the Sacraments. I think it went well this first night.

Those who came kindly gave pemission to record my presentation on my new digital voice recorder. The quality is good, but now I have to find a way to get it from the recorder onto my computer. I apparently don't yet have all of the necessary cables. I'll try to remedy that in the morning.

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post this evening's Bible study as a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment