21 September 2008

Ah, life

It's been a busy weekend, but a good one.

Friday and Saturday the junior varsity soccer team played in a tournament in a Highland, a little more than an hour away. They lost their game Friday night 5-0, won their game Saturday morning 2-1, and lost their game Saturday afternoon 2-0.

We drove to Highland and back on Friday and again on Saturday, which provided two very entertaining car trips with the players. Lots of laughter was had, and even a bit of serious conversation.

After the second game on Saturday I hopped back in my and returned to Effingham with a little time to spare before the evening Mass.

When we returned from the game on Friday I popped out to the high school to show up - just briefly - for the "neon dance." I hated dances in high school, and my dislike of them hasn't changed. I've never been one for crowds, dark rooms and loud music. That, and I'm not one to dance anyway.

I've spent a good part of this afternoon learning more about podcasting. If all goes well, I'll be ready to begin by the end of the month. I'd like to start podcasting on the Feast of St. Francis, but I'll be in Quincy on a Great River Teens Encounter Christ retreat. Still, I suppose I could publish the podcast before the weekend starts... We'll see what happens.

In the morning I'll be interviewed again on WCRA radio, AM 1090 and FM 104.7. I believe the topic will be Pope Benedict XVI's address to the representatives of the French world of culture.

At 7:00 p.m., I'll be resuming my Bible studies at our mission parish discussing Saint Paul and Baptism.

It's looking as though it will be a busy week, but's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment