24 July 2008

Drawing to a close

In just over twenty-seven hours time we will depart this Great South Land of the Holy Spirit to return to the United States of America. As is often the case with my travels, I don't really want to leave.

Australia is a beautiful country and the Sydney-siders are very friendly and helpful. Plus, the winters aren't bad at all!

There are, however, a couple of things I miss from home:
  1. the ban on public smoking, and
  2. free WI-FI.

The bright side, for me, is that before returning to Illinois I will be returning for six days to the land where my heart has settled: Hawaii. My fellow pilgrims want to stay with me during my stay in Hawaii, but such will not be possible, as enjoyable as it would be (and I mean that in all seriousness).

I am mostly packed already, having remaining basically my Mass kit and a few other necessities.

I ask your continued prayers for our return journey, and especially for me. The weather here has been cloudy and raining, and it seems it will be the same tomorrow; my fingers are feeling it, though, thankfully, my knees are not. Nevertheless, a nine hour flight is a daunting prospect under such conditions. Please seek the intercession of Saint Alphonsus Ligouri, patron saint of those with arthritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment