05 June 2008

A day on the lake

I spent the afternoon today on Lake Springfield with two friends. It's a thoroughly beautiful day here in the See City.

We returned a short while ago and now I'm going to prepare dinner for a couple of other friends (the two I was with this afternoon won't like this dish). The dish that I am making is one of my favorites, though I try to avoid it in Lent because I enjoy it too much. It's also very easy (I stole it from Mr. Food).

The ingredients are as follows:
  • 1 lb rainbow rotini (any pasta will work, but this one gives it some color)
  • 1 can (6 1/2 oz) solid white tuna, packed in water, drained (I usually use two)
  • 6-7 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best, and a little more never hurts)
  • 1/2 cup chopped freshly parsley (or 6 teaspoons dehydrated flakes)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (a little more never hurts)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper (a little more never hurts, but not much more)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed (the secret ingredigent; again, a little more never hurts)

Combine everything save the pasta and mix it together as the pasta is cooking. Once the pasta is ready, drain it and combine with the mixture. Stir it up and eat it right away. It couldn't be simpler!

After dinner, the friends I've cooked for and I will meet up with the friends I was with this afternoon (and a couple others, too) for an evening on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment