09 May 2008

Must have music

One of the few pleasures - it was a chilly, windy, rainy day - of arriving early at Yankee Stadium in New York City for the Papal Mass was the pre-Mass Concert of Hope. It was comprised of organ pieces with lots of Handel and various musical groups performing.

I was introduced to a boys' choir from England - it seems the best singers all are - called Libera. They are outstanding!

I had sitting in my desk drawer several coupons for free CDs from a music company - you know, the buy one get ten free kind - so I ordered four of their CDs and have been extremely satisified.
I think this group might even sing a song or two on the soundtrack of the movie Millions (which is also very good), but I haven't checked that yet.

Here is Libera singing my favorite of their songs - Sanctus - in New York City:



Listening to them it's very easy to understand why choirs for the first many centuries of the Church were comprised of only boys. The world needs more choirs of their caliber!

No comments:

Post a Comment