11 April 2008

Well, well, well

Somebody out there likes me!

Today I received a call from the Vicar General's office that I have a ticket to the Papal Mass at Yankee Stadium in New York! I couldn't be happier!

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to juggle travel arrangements and now they all seem to have fallen together rather nicely.

On Monday, I'll first drive from Effingham to Champaign for the Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering State competition at which we hope our students will receive first place.

From there I will drive to Indianapolis from where I will take my round trip flight to Washington, D.C. I simply won't take the return flight. I tried to switch the flight to a one way trip but that would cost an additional $200+ so I decided not to do so.

On Saturday I will take the train from Washington, D.C. to Newark, N.J. to meet some friends from the Diocese who are - oddly enough - taking a bus from Effingham to Newark for the Mass at Yankee Stadium. In the afternoon I'll tour New York City with them before returning to the hotel that evening.

I will stay at the hotel with them and ride their bus after the Mass from New York to Indianapolis where the bus will drop me off to collect my car. I'll take one or more of them with me back to Effingham to be sure I stay awake, returning sometime mid-morning on Monday.

I've never taken the train before, and I've never taken so many modes of transportation to get somewhere. Providence is at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment