16 April 2008

Off I go

It's a chilly morning here in the Capitol (44 degrees), though the sun is brightly shining (and is expected to shine brightly throughout the Holy Father's stay in the city) and should warm us up to a very pleasant 70 degrees or so.

I've decided to head off to the White House and hope for the best. If things there don't work out I can always play around for a bit before heading off for the spot I've chosen to view the Popemobile route.

I'm taking my backpack with me, complete with a magazine and a book, a bottle of water and one of DrPepper (naturally!) SweetTarts, peanut butter crackers, cell phone, camera, Nintendo DS and a change of clothes because wandering around in the sun for several hours in black tends to be a bit warm.

I thought about bringing my laptop, too, for live posting but I've pretty well decided that would be too bulky (but I may yet change my mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment