20 January 2008

The day is near


My bags are nearly packed and my office is almost ready for my return nine days hence (I do not at all enjoy returning to a mess or work).

In the morning I will be off for Rome. I ask your prayers for a safe flight as I assure you of my prayers for you.
Blogging over the next week and half will, more than likely, be hit or miss, but do keep checking back as I will post what I can when I can. My laptop and my camera will be traveling with me, as will be Tomaso de Celano's First Life and Second Life of Saint Francis of Assisi.
I don't expect to reach the balcony of the offices of the Secretariate of State (as in the picture), but I do pray to be granted the privilege to kiss the Fisherman's Ring.
May the Lord smile kindly upon his lowly servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment