03 April 2007

A welcome home

Yesterday morning I drove to Springfield to help with the practice and preparations for the Chrism Mass at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. I served as the assistant master of ceremonies, a post I very much enjoy.


Things went well, by and large, and - as we like to joke in the MC circles - nobody was lost, maimed, or killed.

In all seriousness, the Liturgy went smoothly and prayerfully. The Cathedral was not as full as I would have liked, but those who came participated and prayed well. The music, too, was done well.

When at last I left the Cathedral the moon shone full and brightly, making a pleasant drive home. When I pulled into the parish complex I was very pleased to see the moon near the steeple, as you see in the picture.

3 comments:

  1. The moon was like your north star!

    Glad your Chrism mass went well. I have never been to one, but maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ellen! You really should attend a Chrism Mass in the future. The Chrism Mass is a beautifully witness of the unity of the Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete