02 July 2006

An awaited call

The son of my brother is due to be born today. This being the first child, though, I am told that he might wait up to two more weeks, which I certainly hope he does not do, both for my sake and for the sake of the mother.

As the day has come slowly closer I have become increasingly excited about being an uncle. The good German in me says that because today is the due day, the child should be born today. Silly Germans . . .

At any rate, my cell phone will be impatiently waiting by me at all times to hear the elated voice of my brother . . . and my car key will be in my pocket ready to commence the six hour drive home to meet him.

Please keep baby and family in your prayers.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!
Saint Joseph, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment